We are entering the 3rd week of Blogging Marathon #72 and for this week I chose Dip,Sauce and Spread as theme.
For day1,its a finger licking tomato chutney with coconut and mint.This chutney recipe has been lying in my draft since summer.Last Summer I had lot of home grown tomatoes and relished so many tomato based dishes.
I had this chutney in a friend's place and she paired it with urad dhal vadas.It was so delicious with a perfect taste.She shared the recipe and made it the next day itself and clicked.The chutney pairs very well with idly,dosa,vada and even can be mixed with rice along with a dash of ghee.Try this yummy and finger licking chutney.
- The amount chillies given here is for a bit spicier version.It can be altered according to personal preference. .
- This chutney stays good for 2-3 days if it is stored in the refrigerator.
- Here I didn't use any tamarind as the tomatoes were sour enough.If needed add it along with the tomatoes.
- Coriander leaves can also be added along with mint leaves.
- Also a tbs of peanuts can be added along with sesame seeds.
Check out the Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing this BM#72