For the final day of regional recipes from Andhra cuisine for Blogging Marathon is chegolidu aka chekodi.
I enjoy these crispy rings whenever my friend and her mom makes.I never made it myself and tried it for the first time with my friend's instruction.
Its a perfect munching snack along with a cup of tea.As we heve the habit of accompaning some murukku or mixture with our sambar rice,we had it with our meal.
- Cook it in a medium flame to cook it evenly and crispy.
- Make the rope not too thick or thin.
- Join the ends and press it gently so that the joined ends won't separate while frying.
- Make the rings for each batch and fry it,if its dried it may get cracked.
- If you feel the dough is too thick and crumbly,sprinkle some hot water and knead the dough.