Coming to day 2 brunch recipe is our family's favorite thayir vadai and sambar vadai.As my hubby prfers the South Indian style of thayir vadai I make this often and my kiddo loves to eat the plain vadai.
The secret of getting soft and crispy vadas is depends on the the batter.The batter should be ground very well and fluffy.Grinding the batter in a wet grinder results in a fluffy batter but its a time consuming. Mixie ground batter also equally good if its properly grind.
I normally grind the batter previous night and refrigerated if it for breakfast or brunch.All you need is keep the batter in the room temperature for an hour before frying.
For the sambar vadai,here I make a simple sambar with no veggies as we prefer that way for sambar vadai.If you want you can add veggies such as brinjal,carrot,capsicum and potato.I added some freshly ground sambar powder also along with my regular sambar powder. Let's move on to the recipe.........
- After adding the salt to the batter mix it well vigorously to incorporate air to get a fluffy batter.
- Whisk the yogurt well to get a smooth consistency.
- The yogurt should be fresh and not too sour.
- For the sambar you can add chopped veggies such as brinjal,carrot after the onion becomes transparent.
- For the sambar vadai the sambar needs to be hot while adding the vadais.
- Since my smabar powder has turmeric powder so i didn't use it,otherwise add a pinch of it.
Check out my fellow bloggers participating in Blogging Marathon #49 here.