Hello friends!!Today I am here with a simple,creamy and delicious payasam for a friend's Birthday who is a well known blogger.Its Viji of Viji's Virundhu.
I tried this payasam from her blog and came out so delicious.For added taste I used some vermicelli and ground almonds ,if you want you can add some condensed milk too.Off to the recipe................
Preparation time ~ 5 minutes
Cooking Time ~ 25 minutes
|Full cream milk/whole milk||2 -21/2cups|
|Pistachios(finely chopped)||for garnishing(optional)|
- Soak the almonds in hot water for 10 minutes and grind it with 2 tbs of milk,soak the saffron in a tsp of milk and set it aside.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottom pan and let it simmer it for 6-7 minutes.Meanwhile heat the pan with a tsp of ghee and fry the cashews and remove it.
- In the same pan add the remaining ghee and roast the semolina in a medium flame without changing the color till nice aroma comes out.Finally add the vermicelli and fry it for a minute.
- Add it to the boiling milk and let it boil till it gets cooked.Now add the sugar and cook it for couple of minutes till the sugar dissolves.
- At this stage add in ground paste and cook for couple of minutes.Finally add the saffron,cardamom power and the fried cashews and put off the flame.
- Serve it warm or chilled.
- If you feel the payasam is thicker after cooling add little more milk.
- Roast the semolina in a medium flame otherwise it may change the color.
- Here I used the roasted vermicelli so I added in the end,if you are using unroasted, fry it in the ghee separately.