Today I am sharing you a simple rice made from the left over white rice,my mom makes this rice whenever we have lots of leftover rice.
This rice is slightly tangy and bit spicy at the same time very delicious and filling,tastes great with simple fry and chips.
Here I used the leftover rice which I made for lunch,if you want you can use the cooked basmathi rice to make it more flavorful.Lets get into the recipe ................
|Cooked rice(left over rice)||11/2cups|
|Garlic/poondu(finely chopped)||3 cloves|
|Green chilly(finely chopped)||2|
|Red chilly powder/milagai podi||1/2tsp|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||1/4tsp|
|Curry leaves/karivepillai||1 sprig|
|Coriander leaves/kothamalli||as needed|
For the tempering
|Urad dhal/ulutham paruppu||1tsp|
|Channa dhal/kadala paruppu||2tsp|
- Heat the pan with oil and crackle the mustard seeds,then add the urad dhal and channa dhal.
- Now add the cashews and asafoetida,fry it till golden.
- Add the chopped onion,curry leaves and green chilly,saute it with a pinch of salt until translucent.
- Then add the chopped tomatoes,cook it till mushy.
- Once the tomatoes cooked well add the spice powders one by one,stir it well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and cook it in a medium flame till it becomes dry.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves and put off the fire.
- To this add the rice and mix it well till everything gets blend well.
- Simple and delicious rice is ready.
- Serve it with chips,pappad or some fry.
- Using shallots give a very nice flavor to the rice but if you want to use onion use one large onion for this measurement.
- Use well ripe tomatoes to get a nice tangy taste and chop the tomatoes finely to get cooked easily.