Today I am sharing you a spicy eggplant recipe which can be made in a jiffy,perfect with simple rasam and curd rice.
When I was casually talking to my sister over the phone,she was sharing a recipe that she watched on that day in a cookery show in T.V.This fry doesn't need any fancy ingredients and no chopping needed except the eggplants.So next day without any second thought I made this recipe,it came out very tasty and spicy.My husband who doesn't like eggplant also had this spicy fry with no complaints.Use the small tender eggplants to get cooked evenly,lets move on to the recipe..........
|Small round eggplant/kathirikkai||8|
|Red chilly/varamilagai||5-7 nos.|
|Coriander leaves/kothamalli||for garnishing|
- Grind the red chilly,garlic,fennel seeds,turmeric powder,salt to a thick fine paste with water.Keep it aside.
- Clean and remove the stalk of the eggplant and cut into half lengthwise.Then keep one side intact make four slits.Put the cut eggplants in water to prevent browning.
- Heat a wide pan with oil and crackle the cumin seeds and toast the curry leaves.Now add the egg plants to it and saute with a pinch of salt.
- Once the eggplants change the color and half done add the ground paste and fry it till the raw smell goes off.
- Add a tbs of water and cook it covered in a medium flame till the eggplants get cooked.
- Now remove the lid and cook it for couple of minutes,turn the eggplants carefully in between couple of times to get evenly roasted.Finally add the coriander leaves and mix it carefully.
Serve it with rasam or curd rice.
- The amount of red chillies given is for slightly spicier side,if you want you can reduce.
- The garlic cloves,here I used is in bigger size so adjust according to the size.
- Using a wide pan is easy to turn the eggplants and gets evenly roasted.
- Care should taken after adding the eggplants,the oil splutter as the eggplants were in water.