Today's recipe is a simple chicken preparation which doesn't need marination and its a no coconut version.This curry tastes best with rice and paratha,roti.here I used the chicken thighs for this preparation ,can be made with whole chicken too.Lets get into the recipe...................
|Chicken(thighs cut into bite size)||1lb(450 gms)|
|Green chilly||3 nos.|
|Red chilly powder||11/4tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2tsp|
|Coriander leaves/kothamalli||for garnishing|
For the tempering
- Grind the given ingredients to a smooth paste and keep it aside.Heat a pan with oil and crackle the fennel seeds,add the clove,cinnamon,star anise.
- Add the chopped onion,green chilly and curry leaves,saute till transparent.
- Once the onion becomes transparent add the ground paste and saute till the raw smell goes away.
- Now add the chicken pieces and saute till the chicken change its color.
- Add the chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and salt,mix it well.
- Then add a cup of water and cook the chicken becomes soft and tender.
- At this point add the garam masala powder,chopped coriander powder and cook it for a minute.
- Finally add the lemon juice and put off the fire.
- Serve it after two hours to get the flavors incorporate well.
- Here I used chicken thighs,it can be made with boneless chicken also.
- Instead of shallots,one small regular onion can be used.