Wish You All a Happy New Year 2013
The original recipe is with egg but as I always prefer to make eggless version so used corn starch and baking soda to substitute the egg.The cookies came out delicious and crunchy.
These cookies can be eaten as such or decorate with sprinkles,jelly, royal icing,colored sugar to make it pretty for the holiday season.
I made these cookies for my son's holiday party in his school and packed the Christmas theme shapes such as Christmas tree,candy cane,only 15 cookies were left to take the pictures.
If you want to make the cookies using egg use an egg for the given measurement,here is the recipe.........
|Butter/Vennai(at room temperature)||1/2cup(1 stick)|
|All purpose flour/maida||11/4cups|
|Colored sugar||as needed(optional)|
- Preheat the oven to 375 F,mix the flour,corn starch,baking powder and soda and keep it aside.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a bowl,beat it with a hand blender until light and fluffy.
- Add in the milk,vanilla extract,cardamom powder and salt,mix it well.
- Now slowly add the flour mixture and mix it with a wooden spatula until mixed.
- Pack the dough into the cookie press with the desired disc design.
- Press the dough in the cookie press on an ungreased baking tray or sheet an inch apart.Sprinkle some colored sugar if needed on the cookie.
- Bake it for 10-12 minutes or until golden,transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Store it in an air tight container.
- Do not grease the baking tray otherwise the cookies won't stick to the baking tray.
- If the cookies are hard to press add little more milk and adjust the consistency.
- The cookies may be soft right from the oven,upon cooling it becomes crispy and crunchy.
- Press the cookie press once only for a cookie.
- For the mentioned quantity I got 25 cookies,to make it colorful you can add few drops of food color to the dough.