Today is another session of blog hop Wednesday of Tickling Palates of Radhika and this month I am paired up with Nirmala of Nirmala's Kitchen.
Her blog has a collection of South Indian recipes and innovative snacks,I chose Peanut rice from blog which is a healthy and quicker version.As I always prefer to cook and eat one pot meal or variety rice rather than sambhar,rasam or kulambhu,tried this one.
It is a easy to make delicious variety rice which is a good option for lunch box too.Now on to the recipe.....
|Urad dhal/uluutham paruppu||2tsp|
|Urad dhal/uluutham paruppu||1tsp|
|Channa dhal/kadalai paruppu||1tsp|
- Dry roast the peanuts separately in a pan and keep aside.In the same pan add 1/2tsp of oil and roast the red chilly,urad dhal and the coconut,fry it to a golden color.Once it becomes cool down grind it to a coarse powder.
- Heat a pan with remaining oil and do the tempering with the given ingredients.Add the ground powder to it and put of the stove.Now add the cooked rice and salt to it and mix it well.
- Simple and easy to make peanut rice is ready.
- Serve it with chips or pappad or some fries.
- While grinding first powder the urad dhal,coconut powder and red chilly then add the peanuts and pulse it.Do not grind the peanuts for a long time it should be coarse.
- The crunchiness of the peanuts gives a nice taste to the rice.
- The powder can be adjusted according to the preference.