|Garlic/poondu(finely chopped)||3 pods|
|Black pepper/milagu||1tsp(coarsely ground)|
|Chilly powder/milagai podi||11/2tsp|
|Coriander powder/dhania podi||2tsp|
|Turmeric powder/manjal podi||a pinch|
|Coriander leaves(finely chopped)||2tsp|
For the Seasoning
|Cinnamon/pattai||1 inch piece|
- Add the mutton with ginger&garlic paste,a pinch of chilly powder,turmeric powder,finely chopped shallots and little salt along with enough water in a pressure cooker.Cook it in a medium flame for 5-6 whistles or till the mutton becomes tender and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with oil and do the seasoning with the ingredients and fry the cashews.Saute the onion and garlic,then add a tsp of ginger &garlic paste.Now add in the tomato and cook it till mushy.
- Once the tomato is cooked add in the chilly powder and coriander powder,turmeric powder,add the mutton stock and cook it till it becomes thick.
- At this stage add the coconut paste,salt and cook it for 2-3 minutes.Add the cooked mutton pieces to it and mix it well.
- Cook it in a medium flame till it gets dried.Finally add the ground pepper,coriander leaves and give it a mix.
- Instead of onion,shallots can be used which gives a very nice taste and flavor to the fry.
- After adding the ground pepper do not cook it for a long time.
- Adding the cashew is optional but gives a richness to the fry.