I had this rose kulfi few months back in a restaurant buffet menu and my kiddo loves it a lot so I tried it out last week.As I have already posted Mango kulfi and Kesar pista kulfi which involves cooking and cooling.But today's version of kulfi doesn't have cooking process and I made it in a scratch.The kulfi came out very creamy and delicious and this goes for the Mini serving theme for Blogging Marathon#31.Now lets get into the recipe........................
|Whole milk/2% milk(chilled)||11/2cup|
|Rose syrup(Rooh Afza)||1/3cup|
|Cardamom powder/ellakai podi||1/2tsp(optional)|
- In a bowl beat the cream to a creamy consistency with a electric beater or whisher.(no need of peak consistency)
- To this add the condensed milk,milk,rose syrup,essence and cardamom powder.Give it a nice mix.
- Fill it in a kulfi or popsicle mould,cover it with the lid.
- Keep it in the frezeer for atleast 8 hours or overnight or till it becomes firm.
- Remove it from the mould by running under the warm water to loosen the kulfi,serve it immediately.
- If you don't have popsicle mould fill it in a condiment cup or paper cup and cover it with a foil after 2 hours of freezing insert the ice cream stick to it ad freeze it again.
- The amount of sugar in the condensed milk is enough but if you want add some powdered sugar while mixing.
- Here I used 2% milk and the low fat condensed milk.
- Adding the cardamom powder is purely optional,I didn't use.
- Coarsely powdered pistachios can be add while mixing for extra taste and texture.
Check out the fellow bloggers participate in Blogging Marathon #31.