Soaking time ~ 2 hours
Preparation Time ~ 30 minutes
Cooking Time ~ 20 -25 minutes
|Full cream milk/whole milk||1/4-1/3cup|
|Yellow food color||a pinch(optional)|
- Soak the almond in water for 2 hours and peel the skin.put the peeled almonds in a blender and grind along with milk to a bit coarse paste(fine rava consistency).Soak the saffron threads in a tbs of milk and set it aside.
- Heat a pan with 2bs of ghee and add the almond paste,then add the sugar and mix it well.cook it in a medium flame for 5 minutes,now add the saffron mixture and stir it well.
- Add the remaining ghee and food color,mix it well and stir it continuously till it leaves the sides of the pan.Finally add the cardamom powder and put off the flame,mix it well.
- Delicious and mouthwatering Badam halwa is ready.
- Adding food color is purely optional but it gives a nice look to the halwa.
- After it reaches the consistency remove it from the heat.
- When it is warm it may be slightly watery but after cooling the halwa will be in the correct consistency.
- Do not grind the almonds to a very fine paste.
- While cooking the mixture splutters so be careful and once it is nearing to the consistency the spluttering reduces,its a sign.
- If you feel the mixture is sticky the add some ghee.
- You can wrap single serving of halwa in a butter paper and keep it
- Soak the almonds in hot water if you want it get it done right away.