Whenever small amount of leftover veggies in fridge i make this curry along with some soya chunks or dried beans variety.Its a healthy blend of veggies with loads of flavor and taste.This curry can be made with or without coconut paste,but today's version is a coconut free.This curry tastes great with pulkhas,roti and rice too,here goes the recipe...................
|Chick peas/kondakadalai beans(cooked)||3/4cup|
|Garam masala powder||1/4tsp|
|Curry leaves(chopped)||2 sprigs|
- Cook the chickpeas in the pressure cooker for a whistle or two with a pinch of salt.Put the cauliflower florets in the hot water with salt and turmeric powder and cut the french beans into one inch pieces.Boil or bake the potatoes and cut it into cubes.
- Put the soya chunks in hot water with a pinch of salt,cook it till it becomes double in size.Rinse it in cold water for couple of times to get rid of the odour and squeeze the excess water.Set it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan,saute the onion till transparent with a pinch of salt and add the ginger and garlic paste then follows the tomato,cook it until mushy.
- Add the chopped green beans and saute it for a minute.Now add the chilly powder,coriander powder,turmeric powder and salt to it.Add the cooked soya chunks,sprinkle some water and cook it covered till the beans is tender.
- Now add the cauliflower florets,cooked chickpeas and potatoes to it and mix it well.
- Keep it in the medium flame for 4- 5 minutes or till the masala gets blended well.Finally add the garam masala powder and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve it with roti or rice.
- If you want to make it with coconut paste,add 2tbs of finely ground paste along with the spice powders.