Most of our weekend lunch or dinner is non-veg,depending on the availability of ingredients it will be either a simple Chicken fry and rasam or Chicken Pulao and Chicken Curry.
Last week my kiddo was down with flu and cold wanted to give some chicken soup.As we make the chicken soup with boned chicken got a big pack of chicken drumstick which is more for 3 of us.After making the soup for couple of days wanted to try something with the remained drumsticks but not in a mood to make biriyani or Tandoori chicken.Suddenly got the idea of making fry with it which I had it in my sister's place last time to pair it with rasam for dinner.It was a so delicious and the chicken was cooked perfectly and made in less than 30 minutes.The only thing is chicken needs to be marinated for atleast 4-5 hours.I marinated the chicken in the morning and made it in the evening,now on to the recipe....................
|Curry leaves||2 sprigs|
|Red chilly Powder||2tsp|
|Garam masala powder||1/2tsp|
- Wash and clean the chicken and make 4-5 slits with a sharp knife on the chicken so that the marinade gets absorbed well.
- Mix the given ingredients given for the marination in a bowl and rub it well to the chicken pieces.Let it rest in the refrigerator for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Heat a pressure pan with 2tbs of oil and saute the onion along with green chilly,curry leaves then add the ginger&garlic paste.Fry it till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add in tomato and the salt cook it mushy,once the tomato is cooked add the marinated chicken,mix it well.
- Stir it for a minute to get everything blends well,close it the lid and cook it for a whistle.
- Now heat a dosa griddle or wide mouth pan add the remaining oil,add the cooked chicken pieces along with masala and roast it till it becomes dry.
- Finally add the chopped coriander leaves.
- Chicken fry is ready.
- Serve it with pulao or rice and rasam.
- The amount of chilly powder given is for the spicier side,if you want milder version reduce the amount.
- This fry can be done in an open cooking method,it takes little more time and needs more oil to cook,to cut down the oil I made in the pressure pan.